8 oz fetuccini or spaghetti
1/2 tbsp butter
2 slices low-sodium bacon, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
3/4 cup pasteurized egg substitute (i.e. EggBeaters) or 3 organic eggs, beaten
1/2 cup fresh-grated parmesan cheese
lemon zest, salt and black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add the pasta. Cook until just shy of al dente, then drain and return to the pot. Cover and keep warm.
- While pasta is cooking, melt the butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add the bacon and cook over medium heat until crispy.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Turn off the heat and add the pasta, egg substitute and cheese.
- Toss constantly for 2 minutes, add lemon zest, salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.